- without God's Spirit anointing your mind, the bible is just words.
- when you can see and get an understanding of the overall Plan of God, you don't get afraid when things happen in the world because you see God's Word coming to pass as He predicted it would! Wow!
- Just because someone has a bible, carries a bible, or went to school to learn about the bible, does NOT mean that God supports or honors them.
- satan's spirit comes to steal, kill and destroy. It can do this by messing with your emotions and thoughts.
- Guard your thoughts... 'is what I am hearing / looking at / doing going to get me ahead in life or bring me down and bring me shame or punishment?'
- There can be preachers who are NOT put in the ministry by God, they lead a flock of people without God's Spirit being present there. So when things happen in the church and to the members, people tend to blame God - but God was never involved with that church to start with... the preacher went to school to learn how to start and run a business - it was NEVER a calling!
- Some ways to tell if your minister is called of God: they don't pre-plan services. they allow the Spirit of God to direct them - it tells them what to say, when to say it, when to shut up, when to encourage, when to correct or rebuke, when to pray for people, when to sing and worship. This way everyone who God brings to church gets something from God that deals with their life.
- You will often hear preaching that can upset you because it tells you that something you are thinking or doing is wrong and needs to be corrected! This is what is mean by 'the word is sharper than any two edged sword going down to the marrow of the bone' - it goes deep, if I take correction and change then I get Blessed!
- You never know what to expect. Sometimes God uses things that might offend in order to bless. Just like Jesus spitting on the ground and making mud to smear in a man's eyes - he used spit to restore the man's vision !!! Sometimes lots of preaching, lots of music, lots of prayer and laying on of hands, lots of teaching, lots of spiritual experiences and sometimes a mix of all of it!!! I have even been in services where God knew that everybody had a tough week, so the Spirit of God came in and brought laughter with it - causing everything to be super funny - and we all went out of church glowing with joy and happiness that carried over for several days because laughter truly IS a medicine! You just never know. God sees what each person is going thru and cares enough to make sure they get something from each service to help them on the journey.
~ Miss J